The official meetings of The Delegation for Friendship Among Women concluded. Some of our members returned home, while others flew to Ulgii in the western part of Mongolia, near the Altai Mountains. In this region, home to the Kazak tribe ethnic group, we:
- enjoyed a spectactular day at the Golden Eagle Festival;
- hiked to see stone age and bronze age petroglyphs;
- visited the ger home of the festival winner and his family where we shared our musical traditions;
- hiked in the Altai mountains;
- delighted in dinner along the banks of the Tolbo Lake after visiting another nomadic family;
- Visited the local museum and purchased locally-made goods in nearby markets.